Weston Secondary School is committed to supporting students and their mental wellbeing so that they can thrive within school and meet their full potential. We seek to identify students struggling with their mental health and support them to remove barriers, which are preventing them from achieving both socially and academically.
If you or someone you know is struggling, or you want to talk about mental wellbeing, please reach out to our dedicated Mental Health and Wellbeing Lead – Mrs Brown.
We offer a variety of mental health and wellbeing provisions at Weston including:
- A lunchtime ‘Safe Space’ facilitated by Mrs Brown.
- Support from the Mental Health in Schools Team (MHST).
- School Counsellor – Holly Clark (Psychotherapist).
- 1:1 sessions with qualified Trauma & Mental Health-Informed Schools Practitioners.
- No Limits – Weekly lunchtime drop in and 1:1 sessions by appointment.
- Referrals to external providers such as Yellow Door and Breakout Youth.
- Student Welfare – Our dedicated team of Student Welfare Leads run SEMH interventions and offer support to our Young Carers as part of their provision. Students are welcome to drop in to the Welfare Hub at break or lunch where a member of the Student Welfare team is always on duty.
- Weston BREW Coffee Morning – a weekly parental ‘drop in’ session at ’The Venny’ to meet with Mrs Brown. Weston BREW is an informal, safe space in which we can work together to support our children. More info can be found here
A dedicated therapy space known as ‘The Retreat’, which is situated at the heart of the school next to Mrs Brown’s office:
If you or someone you know is struggling, or you want to talk about mental health, please reach out. Please speak to Mrs Brown or contact her via the post-box outside her office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “FAO Mental Health Lead” in the subject heading.
You’re not alone and support is available.
You can see what Support is available on our Mental Health and Wellbeing Signposting page